2022 Student Photo Competition
Photo Competition for Year 9-13 Students
Theme – East Auckland, Bold & Bright
1st Prize: $1000 Prezzy Card
Each year Howick Lions Club produces a scenic calendar with the profits going back into our local community and we would like to give local students a chance to feature in our calendar. Along with the opportunity to show off your talents, there will also be prizes for the top entries.
All entries will be featured at an exhibition at the Fencible Lounge in Howick. The top 12 photos will be included in our local 2023 Howick Lions Calendar, with 1st place featuring on the cover. Along with the opportunity to show off your talents, there will also be prizes for the top entries!
Exhibition date Friday 7th October, Fencible Lounge, Uxbridge Rd, Howick.
Rules for entry
- Entry Fee $10 (up to two photos may be submitted per entry). Entries close 31st August 2022.
- Exhibition date Friday 7th October, Fencible Lounge, Uxbridge Rd, Howick.
- All contestants must attend a local Howick / eastern school and must currently be in years 9 - 13
- Photos must be of our East Auckland, focusing on our theme of East Auckland, Bold and Bright. Photos need to show our local beaches, parks, buildings, or features that define our community.
- All images must be submitted in digital form, along with a completed entry form and payment via our website by 31st August 2022.
- All entries must also be printed on photographic paper and mounted on firm card and taken to your school office by 31st August. A member of the Howick Lions will collect all entries from the school office by the 2nd September. Please put your name and photo location on the back of your entry.
- Photos need to be landscape orientation and printed A4 size.
- Images will be judged for content, composition and originality. Judge’s decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Howick Lions reserve the right to use selected images in their 2023 calendar, and in any associated advertising for the 2023 calendar in the media and on the website.