2023 Student Photo Competition
Photo Competition for Year 9-13 Students
Theme – Vibrant Scenic Landscape of East Auckland
1st Prize: $1000 or equal value photographic equipment
Each year Howick Lions Club produces a scenic calendar with the profits going back into our local community and we would like to give local students a chance to feature in our calendar. Along with the opportunity to show off your talents, there will also be prizes for the top entries.
The top 12 photos will be included in our local 2024 Howick Lions Calendar, with 1st place featuring on the cover. Along with the opportunity to show off your talents, there will also be prizes for the top entries!
Prize Giving Date: 22nd October 2023, Fencible Lounge, Uxbridge Rd, Howick at 2.00pm.
Rules for entry
- Entry is FREE (up to two photos may be submitted per entry). Entries close 31st July 2023.
- Exhibition dates: 25th September to 21st October, Howick & Botany Libraries (contact us to confirm the days and times because they are subject to change)
- Prize Giving Date: 22nd October 2023,
Fencible Lounge, Uxbridge Rd, Howick at 2.00pm.
- All contestants must attend a local Howick / eastern school and must currently be in years 9 - 13
- Photos must be of our local community, being Howick
and local surrounding eastern suburbs
. Photos need to show our local beaches,
parks, buildings, or features that define our community.
- All images must be submitted in digital form, along with a completed entry form via our website by 31st July 2023.
- All entries must also be printed on photographic paper and mounted on firm card and taken to your school office by Monday 28th August 2023 at 9:00 am. A member of the Howick Lions will collect all entries from the school office by the 2nd September. Please put your name and photo title onthe back of your entry.
- Photos need to be colour, landscape orientation and printed A4 size.
- Images will be judged for content, composition and originality. Judge’s decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Howick Lions reserve the right to use selected images in their 2024 calendar, and in any associated advertising for the 2024 calendar in the media and on the website.